FS - Copley Keyless Delrin Flute - $250 SOLD

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
AngelicBeaver
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been playing whistles since 2010. I love how varied whistles are in their design, construction, tone, and handling. Though I've largely settled on what I enjoy playing, I'm still a sucker for an interesting new design.

FS - Copley Keyless Delrin Flute - $250 SOLD

Post by AngelicBeaver »

Hello Everyone!

I bought this new in August of 2013. It's got the elliptical embouchure cut and standard, straight holes, no superfluous silver rings. It took a fall right after I got it, and so there are some cosmetic dings on the head end, but being a black flute, they aren't very conspicuous. No damage to any of the holes. No cracks or any playability issues. The Delrin is wonderfully low maintenance, though a touch heavy. Wood and I are not friends. After a traumatic experience with a lovely antique F flute, I swore that I would never again buy an instrument requiring such care, so this fits the bill for anyone desiring a headache free tank of a flute.

I'm selling it because, while I am a passable whistle player, I am a terrible flautist. This lovely instrument has been unused for quite some time. Every attempt to achieve flutation proficiency over the years has been a failure. I just haven't practiced consistently. And yet... I just found myself purchasing a used Carbony flute on eBay. The lightness, and non-woodness of the material intrigues me, and I love my Carbony E whistle, so I'm hoping that this flute and I will also become fast friends. Per this year's budget constraints, I need to make this as even an exchange as possible, so the Copley is being sacrificed.

So how does it play? In my experience, this is easier to play than my Tipple flutes. It seems to make noises much more readily, especially when trying to reach the top of the second octave. Other than that, I can't tell you much. In the right hands, with the proper embouchure, I've heard these flutes are quite lovely. I'll post a clip of me fumbling my big sales pitch with the genuine article, and another of PJ from TinWhistler fame playing the same model instrument with far more skill than I ever had.

Me sucking at flute:
https://youtu.be/BG_VuNB57io

PJ doing the flute justice:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7NjNqwlpeY

PM me if you're interested. I'm located in San Antonio, TX.

Thanks!
Nathaniel
Nathaniel James Dowell
AngelicBeaver
Tell us something.: I've been playing whistles since 2010. I love how varied whistles are in their design, construction, tone, and handling. Though I've largely settled on what I enjoy playing, I'm still a sucker for an interesting new design.

Re: FS - Copley Keyless Delrin Flute - $250

Post by AngelicBeaver »

I've lowered the price to $250, shipping included in the lower 48 states. I've got a low offer already, so I'll probably accept that by Saturday if no one else is interested.
Nathaniel James Dowell
AngelicBeaver

Post by AngelicBeaver »

Sale is pending.
Nathaniel James Dowell
AngelicBeaver

Post by AngelicBeaver »

Sold.
Nathaniel James Dowell