Grinter, 8 keyed flute for sale

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Jerry
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Grinter, 8 keyed flute for sale

Post by Jerry »

I recently made it known in the flute forum that I was thinking about selling my Grinter flute..Below..!!

I am thinking about selling my Grinter 8 keyed D flute...in African blackwood, silver keys etc, wooden box with grease container...I bought it new about 20 years ago ? My memory fades!!!...The Grinter symbol has a B with it for Ben, who helped Mike with the making of it... ..It is in very good condition..not overly played....or particulary well played as it should have been...I cannot find a similar one to put a price on so will probably put it on ebay...anybody give me some idea of what sort of a starting price I should put on it ? It will be in Aussie dollars...

After a few enquiries, and much time wasting, I have decided to put it for sale on C and F and give it a go (before putting it on ebay if I have to ) !
I will let the flute go for Australian $4700...buyer pays postage and makes sure that it can be imported into their country...I accept no responsibility for your customs.
Can supply photos of course...please email me.
kkrell
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Re: Grinter, 8 keyed flute for sale

Post by kkrell »

[This post shall stand. - Mod]

A note for buyers: African Blackwood is Dalbergia melanoxylon, listed on CITES II, and the seller will require a permit to export it from Australia, and most countries will require an import permit ready to receive it (often an exemption for hand-carry under 10kg of restricted timbers). Violation is subject to confiscation with no recompense.

Do not let the following paragraph (last line) fool you into thinking there is an exemption for shipment, as any form of SALE (person-to-person or a business) is considered a commercial export.
http://www.environment.gov.au/biodiversity/wildlife-trade/cites/rosewood wrote:All other species of the Dalbergia genus, Pterocarpus erinaceus, and Guibourtia demeusei, Guibourtia pellegriniana, Guibourtia tessmannii (collectively referred to as African rosewood, Akume or Bubinga) are listed on Appendix II to CITES. Species listed on Appendix II to CITES may be traded internationally, provided the trade is sustainable. If assessed to be sustainable, trade is regulated through the issuing of permits that authorise the import or export of the item containing the CITES listed species.
The rosewood listing applies to both raw timber and finished products.
The rosewood listing does not apply to:

Leaves, flowers, pollen, fruits, and seeds
Non-commercial exports containing rosewood timber weighing no more than 10 kg per shipment
I'm not trying to interfere with Jerry's sale, but want both seller and buyer to recognize that they cannot afford to ignore the realities of the process.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

It was shattering news that greeted me this morning, Thursday 6th, on hearing of Mike's death..I was informed by somebody who is looking at one of Mike's flutes that I have for sale on ebay. It is an awful coincidence that It should be on the market at this time but hopefully if it sells, it will go to somebody who will appreciate Mike's skill and craftsmanship and the lovely tone...I just wish I could have played it to the fullest that it deserved! RIP Mike...the world is a lesser place now..
Jerry

Post by Jerry »

I have advertised this lovely flute for a couple of weeks now, on this site and ebay...after having to deal with a few time wasters I have decided not to advertise it publicly again....perhaps one day I will find somebody deserving of it through private enquiries, until then it goes back into the cupboard for the odd blast...