FS Rudall Carte RADCLIFF System Flute $1,850 (PRESUMED SOLD)

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
rmvanhorn
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Interested in traditional music - Irish, Nordic, you name it. I'm a flute and whistle player and interested in all aspects of flute playing, making.

FS Rudall Carte RADCLIFF System Flute $1,850 (PRESUMED SOLD)

Post by rmvanhorn »

Contemplating selling my unrestored Rudall Carte RADCLIFF system flute to fund an upcoming move. Radcliff system has been used in Irish trad, the most well known player being Paddy Carty.

This flute is at modern pitch (A-440) which isn’t all that common on these antique flutes, and made from the most lovely Cocuswood. It is in beautiful “time capsule” condition and will make a lovely player with a new set of pads and some crack repair. It does play as is with the presumed original pads (!!) but obviously not at its full potential.

I don’t want to deal with sending the flute abroad, so shipment to US addresses only (sorry friends across the pond)! Priced at $1,850 plus shipping. PayPal payment (buyer pays the fees). Email at rmvanhorn at gmail dot com for pics and with interest.

Cocuswood, with thinned headjoint, Radcliff Model flute with silver keywork, signed "(crown) RUDALL / CARTE & CO LTD / 23 BERNERS STREET / OXFORD STREET / LONDON / 622 / Radcliff's Model" made in 1918 (finished 4 April) by Barker, sold 21 May 1920 to E.Donald, Brighton. Length 67.8cm. In original, leather covered, case containing cleaning rod with internal screwdriver and greasebox.
In good original condition, crack in lined headjoint, needs repad to be playable.
rmvanhorn
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Interested in traditional music - Irish, Nordic, you name it. I'm a flute and whistle player and interested in all aspects of flute playing, making.

Re: FS Rudall Carte RADCLIFF System Flute $1,850

Post by rmvanhorn »

Pending sale.