FS: Martin Doyle Flute $775 — Flute has sold

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Steve Bliven
antispam: No

FS: Martin Doyle Flute $775 — Flute has sold

Post by Steve Bliven »

I bought this flute in November 2016 directly from Martin in his workshop. It's his Traditional model in blackwood with no tuning slide—it tunes fine on the tenon. I’d stopped in to get a chance to try one of his instruments and he’d just finished a batch and was willing to sell one. I picked out the one I liked best and brought it home with me. I played it in gently but, unfortunately for me, discovered that my hands need a two part body that I can slightly off-set. I play the Doyle briefly on a regular basis to keep it hydrated and because I really love the sound, but can’t play it for extended periods. So it’s basically a new flute, played in, regularly oiled, with very little mileage and no wait time. I've found that, for me, it starts out at A=440 with the joint closed entirely. When it's warmed up, A=440 with the joint opened about 1/8". An advantage of the unlined head and no tuning slide is that it's a very light instrument which adds to it's ease in playing.

According to Martin’s site, his current price translates to $835 plus shipping. Comes with a McNeela case. I'm asking $775 including shipping. Due to CITES, shipping to US only.

Click on the thumbnails for enlargements.

Thanks for looking. You can contact me through either the PM or Email buttons below.

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
Steve Bliven
antispam: No

Re: FS: Martin Doyle Flute $775 — Flute has sold

Post by Steve Bliven »

The flute has been sold. Thanks for those who inquired.

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.