Wanted: Unpainted Meg or Sweetone, or tweaked

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Squeakie
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Wanted: Unpainted Meg or Sweetone, or tweaked

Post by Squeakie »

Hi,
I’m looking for an unpainted, natural metal, Clarke with the plastic mouthpiece. It doesn’t matter to me if it’s a Meg or Sweetone. I’d like a key of D more, but do want a key of C, too. If you have one you’d like to sell, or know of a good way to strip the enameled paint off of a painted one, please contact me. I just like the looks of them better, the painted ones look toyish to me. I have a yellow C sweetone that sounds very nice, but you know, it’s yellow, yuck.

I sure wouldn’t turn down a reasonable priced Freeman tweaked one, which would probably be painted.

I live in the United States.

I don’t currently have any whistles I’d trade, I’m just starting out. But I do have a few recorders I’d trade, some with German fingering which is a bit closer to whistle fingering. I’ve got wood and plastic ones, German and Baroque. Maybe you had an unloved, bare metal Meg or Sweetone, or Freeman tweaked, collecting dust and want to give a recorder a try.

I’m sure most anyone reading this knows about recorders too, but I’ll say it anyhow, they play very similar to a whistle, but have a purer, birdlike tone and a thumbhole to make the second octave easier to play, and I think play a little quieter, too.
Thanks, Lisa