FS/FT: Uilleann Pipes Patkos B 1/2 Set

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
dyersituations
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

FS/FT: Uilleann Pipes Patkos B 1/2 Set

Post by dyersituations »

Uilleann Pipes Patkos B 1/2 Set

I purchased this set new from the maker in November 2015. The drones are playing well, and the chanter plays especially well. I've hardly played this set, so it is mostly unused. The set arrived to me with a leaky bag and bellows. I had the maker repair the bag, and I replaced the bellows with a new set of Simon Hope bellows in 2016. Soon after I replace the bellows, I purchased a fullset in the beginning of 2017, so this set has mostly been sitting. Recently I pulled out the set and got it airtight and playing well again. The video linked below I recorded and posted on the day I got the set back to playing condition.

The set is made from plumwood, boxwood mounts, and brass. The reeds are all original reeds from the maker, and I only had to tweak them slightly to get them all playing well. When I was setting up the set again I noticed for the first time that the mainstock has a crack in it, as shown in the photos, but the set plays well and appears to be airtight. As far as I can tell the crack does not affect the playability of the set. There is also a slight bend to the chanter, as often happens with these lighter woods. It's a very subtle curve, as you can see in the photos below.

I'm only selling this set because it has been sitting since I purchased a fullset. Having a set sit isn't ideal, since each time it gets played after sitting for a while, there are often adjustments to reeds and whatnot. I don't really have the time to consistently maintain two sets. So I'm selling this set so I can purchase a B chanter to go along with my D fullset.

I'm looking for $1600 OBO including shipping to CONUS. Shipment outside CONUS will be extra, but this set can be shipped anywhere. The original price was $2500, so I adjusted the price for it being second hand or for the crack in the mainstock. I would consider a full or partial trade for a keyed Irish flute, or a flute in F, low C, low B, or low Bb. Or an uilleann chanter in C#, B, or Bb.

Thanks for looking!

Here's a video I recorded today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-EYySu ... e=youtu.be

Life is good.
dyersituations
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: FS/FT: Uilleann Pipes Patkos B 1/2 Set

Post by dyersituations »

BUMP!

Price reduced to $1500 OBO including shipping to CONUS.
Life is good.