Irish/Scottish music books

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Timberflute
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I am a flute-player and a lover of wooden flutes. I play both Irish traditional and Baroque music. For what it's worth, I also enjoy knitting.

Irish/Scottish music books

Post by Timberflute »

All books are in excellent condition and include CDs, where applicable.
*A note on shipping: I am shipping from Canada and postage is expensive, so I will charge you the actual cost of shipping based on your location, up to $10 maximum for one book.
Prices are $CDN. If you wish to pay in $US, subtract 20% from total cost.
Please PM me for more info.

------------------------
The Essential Guide to Irish Flute and Tin Whistle by Grey Larsen; publ. 2003, 480 pages; includes 2 CDs. $20 + shipping*
------------------------
Irish Mandolin Playing: A Complete Guide by Philip John Berthoud. Mel Bay, publ. 2004. 128 pages. Includes CD. $10+ shipping*
--------------------------
Hidden Fermanagh, Traditional Music and Song from County Fermanagh, by Cyril Maguire; publ. 2003; 172 pages; $10 + shipping*
A tribute to the traditional musicians of County Fermanagh. Contains interviews with flute-player Cathal McConnell; and fiddler, John McManus. The second half of the book contains transcriptions of almost 150 tunes from “The Gunn Book” from the 1860s.
---------------------------
A Harvest Saved, Francis O’Neill and Irish Music in Chicago by Nicholas Carolan;
publ. 1997. 80 pages; $10+ shipping*
A history of O’Neill’s life and work; not a tune-book.
------------------------
Antiquities of Scottish Music, arranged for flute & whistle, Mel Bay. Music for 43 Scottish tunes and songs, with separate pull-out for piano, publ. 2000. 64 pages.
Sold together with:
An Fhideag airgid, a whistle tutor for Highland Music, a bilingual (Gaelic and English) guide to playing Scottish music on the whistle, including ornamention; publ. 1994. $15 for both books + shipping*
------------------------
The Gow Collection of Scottish Dance Music, compiled & edited by Richard Carlin; published 1986; 256 pages; in very good condition. Out-of-print: $20 + shipping*
Contains music for 598 tunes, mostly by Neil Gow, also tunes by son Nathaniel Gow and a few older traditional tunes.

-----------------------
SOLD The Irish Flute Player’s Handbook, a comprehensive guide to the Traditional Flute in Ireland by Hammy Hamilton