FS: Goldie Low D plus extra Big Hole body SOLD

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Mikethebook
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: May 2022, I'm a second-time beginner to the whistle and low whistle after a three-year gap due to a chest injury brought to an end twelve years of playing. I've started on a high whistle and much is coming back quickly but it will be a while before I can manage a Low D again where my interest really lies. I chiefly love slow airs rather than dance tunes and am a fan of the likes of Davy Spillane, Eoin Duignan, Fred Morrison and Paddy Keenan.

FS: Goldie Low D plus extra Big Hole body SOLD

Post by Mikethebook »

Goldie Low D plus extra Big Hole body. In "as new" condition, this is a recently made whistle and additional Big Hole body. It is what Colin Goldie calls a medium blower (windway height of 0.87mm) but in this particular instrument he has slightly shortened the window to favour the second octave. i.e. the upper octave is slightly easier to play, the lower octave is still strong but marginally less so than on a standard medium.

New this would cost over £400. I'm asking £300 ono with free shipping in the UK.
For Europe I will ask for £5 and elsewhere £10. Please note that overseas insurance is limited to £250 at the buyer's risk, though obviously the risk is small. But for that reason I'd rather sell to someone in the UK.
I'm happy to answer questions.
Mikethebook
Tell us something.: May 2022, I'm a second-time beginner to the whistle and low whistle after a three-year gap due to a chest injury brought to an end twelve years of playing. I've started on a high whistle and much is coming back quickly but it will be a while before I can manage a Low D again where my interest really lies. I chiefly love slow airs rather than dance tunes and am a fan of the likes of Davy Spillane, Eoin Duignan, Fred Morrison and Paddy Keenan.

Re: FS: Goldie Low D plus extra Big Hole body

Post by Mikethebook »

Here are a few more photos. I'm afraid I'm a lousy photographer with a lousy camera. Hope these help. There's an insignificant scratch/mark either side of the head but I can't capture them on a photo.
Mikethebook

Post by Mikethebook »

Price reduced to £275.
Mikethebook

Post by Mikethebook »

SOLD