Burke Aluminium Alto F whistle

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
DavyMor
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've always loved music particularly traditional/folk. I didn't start working seriously in music until a couple of years ago when I decided to start a band.
We've performed our first gig but now we're making some demo recordings to get some more regular paid bookings. A few years before I started the band I took lessons in the Scottish and Irish whistle and it became something of an obsession to build up a collection of whistles in the most common pitches. I have to admit to not being much of a player - started too late in life unfortunately and arthritis is creeping up on my hands. I can play accompaniments to slow numbers but my forte is as lead singer and arranger, so I keep most of my whistle playing away from the professional musicians with whom I sing. Nevertheless, I enjoy going through C&F every now and then, especially the instrument exchange. So I still seek nice instruments to add to my small collection. One thing - I have been quite unable to work out how to delete my last posting seeking a wooden A whistle after losing my original one. It's no longer valid as I have got round the problem with the help of its maker, Phil Bleazey who is always so helpful and constructive as well as being a consummate craftsman. Someone on C&F actually suggested I should go to Phil, which was a kind gesture although I already had that course in mind.

Burke Aluminium Alto F whistle

Post by DavyMor »

F.S. Alto F whistle in aluminium by Michael Burke. A fine tuneable instrument. It has a thumbhole and the low F hole is not only adjustable to suit your third finger, it also allows left-handed or right-handed playing. It has a rich, fairly powerful and clear tone across both octaves, breathing needs and back pressure are moderate and it's very responsive. £120 includes shipping to UK.