FS: Rosewood flute

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
rama
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: flute itm flute, interested in the flute forum for discussions and the instrument exchange forum to buy and sell flutes

FS: Rosewood flute

Post by rama »

For beginners and flute noodlers alike:

This is an old rosewood flute that I have owned for 25-30 years (?), tucked away in a drawer. I would say it would be good for someone who wants to learn to play or to sit at home and play quietly. It is really sweet and mellow, nice and easy to play, beautiful tone IMO. It is very lightweight, easy to hold, and easy to finger the toneholes. It appears to be odd pitched, somewhere between D and Eb, making the toneholes easily accessible. Plus, it requires no maintenance. It has no tuning slide, but has an Eb key. It has 2 old repaired cracks in the HJ that has been stable for 25+ years. I superglued and used beeswax, old school style, way back when. It is not a professional repair but it does the trick.

pics and a video (download) > https://app.box.com/s/mb6pr4aur2mdzgyjeoanaspzpmng6kwv

$75 USD or OBO plus shipping. Don't be afraid to make an offer. Please PM.
rama
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: flute itm flute, interested in the flute forum for discussions and the instrument exchange forum to buy and sell flutes

Re: FS: Rosewood flute

Post by rama »

bump