It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:06 pm 

Thanks, Chiffers. Looks like this one's found a new home.

Hello -

Up for sale is a flute I bought at the Irish Flute Store last year, which is getting very little play these days, so it's time to find a new home for it.

It's a six key flute made by Francois Baubet (Galway) in the Rudall & Rose style (flat D and F#), with sterling keys and D rings, and wide nickel bands. It also features an adjustable stopper.

I originally purchased it wanting a backup keyed flute to take with me when I travel for work, but as responsibility increases, play time decreases. It's been pampered and babied, as all my flutes, and stored at a stable humidity level between 55-60%.

It does have a loose nickel band at the bottom of the barrel. It came that way from the Irish Flute Store and I haven't bothered with it. Not the loudest flute in the world, mind you, but plenty good enough for me. No cracks or repairs, and not even any dings I can see.

I paid $1700 and am asking $1600, as I need funds for another project. Looking for a US buyer (CITES). Comes with a box made by Francois. Great way to get a keyed flute for the price of a top keyless flute and ideal for someone who wants to get into the keyed flute world without long waits or big price tags.

Here are some images and a little clip.

https://app.box.com/s/v86vjduf0g9kg80sh3fzuxsctvptlwmo

Thanks,
Gordon

Last edited by Liney Bear on Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.