8 key Wallis cylindrical flute

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Jon C.
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

8 key Wallis cylindrical flute

Post by Jon C. »

I am selling a flute made in the late 19 century, cocuswood and 8 nickel keys. The flute has a cylindrical bore rather then conical, in very good 440hz tuning with the French hidden slide pulled out about 3/8”.
All the keys function well, it was restored a couple of years ago, a repaired lower tenon and a crack that was on the lower wnd of the center section, also a crack in the head joint, which was disassembled and bored out and reglued, (story of my life)...
comes with the original clam shell case.
Asking $800 + shipping
You can PM me or email at cochranflutes@gmail.com
Link for Image:

https://s19.postimg.org/uemx36403/5_B55 ... 15_C32.png
"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon
Jon C.
Tell us something.: I restore 19th century flutes, specializing in Rudall & Rose, and early American flutes. I occasionally make new flutes. Been at it for about 15 years.

Re: 8 key Wallis cylindrical flute

Post by Jon C. »

I might add, it is a real honker! You can rattle the rafters with it...
"I love the flute because it's the one instrument in the world where you can feel your own breath. I can feel my breath with my fingers. It's as if I'm speaking from my soul..."
Michael Flatley

Jon
Jon C.

Re: 8 key Wallis cylindrical flute

Post by Jon C. »

Still available...
Michael Flatley

Jon