For Sale: Nice 23-8 button C#/D box for quicker sale.

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Banjobilly
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Trying to capably ride a pair of DG button boxes, a Low D whistle and pair of D flutes. Based in Michigan, primarily oriented to old time string band music since the 1970s.

For Sale: Nice 23-8 button C#/D box for quicker sale.

Post by Banjobilly »

Hi All:

I’m in the US (don’t make fun) and need to find a new quick-sell home for a nice composite 23-8 C#/D four-voice box with (reported-can’t completely confirm) 1950’s Soprani tenor reeds and 2017 Martyn Wright Dural bass reeds in a 1970s Giulietti red box. Jackie Daly bass button arrangement (i.e. pair of G push and G pull reeds instead of G/F). Box can switch between three and four-voice tenor. My C#/D technique has progressed but along with progression of my arthritic wrists-can’t quite handle these 12 pounds any more. Sounds great but needs a new home.

I bought this nice box from widow of box repairman in early 2016 for $600 USD and am hoping to get a best offer a little higher than that. Bellows are pretty much good as new, internal mechanics all work fine. There are a series of scratches on reddish marble celluloid front which you can detect if holding into the light the right way. I have either a hard case or a soft gig bag type case to go with the box along with a pair of snazzy synthetic straps designed for heftier boxes/arthritic players/both.

Please email me if you'd like me to route you some photos: corser@msu.edu I’d really prefer to ship somewhere within US if at all possible but would consider shipping elsewhere as long as buyer is aware of tariff, etc. implications.
Banjobilly
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Trying to capably ride a pair of DG button boxes, a Low D whistle and pair of D flutes. Based in Michigan, primarily oriented to old time string band music since the 1970s.

Re: For Sale: Nice 23-8 button C#/D box for quicker sale.

Post by Banjobilly »

I've caved to the Ebay deities:

Ebay posting now at:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Composite-Redd ... 3325167953

I've (since learned) to post some updated photos.