FS Peter Noy Blackwood Keyless $925

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Steve Bliven
antispam: No

FS Peter Noy Blackwood Keyless $925

Post by Steve Bliven »

Offering a Peter Noy blackwood keyless in D. Sterling rings and slide. Unlined head. Comes in a McNeela case (whistles not included). $925 shipped in continental US (I'd prefer to sell within the US to avoid any CITES issues with blackwood).

As described by Mr. Noy, "The flute was made in July of 2000. It is my Rudall Rose model but is based on a Rudall Rose Carte made in 1851. Richard Shepard Rockstro in his all inclusive book The Flute from 1854 says that the wider bore (in the right hand) that is now known as a Pratten type, was first made by Rudall and Rose. In any case it has the wider bore, which gives more volume, and an embouchure typical of Rudall Rose.

Recently recorked. Has a couple of small scratches (aka "street cred") that I couldn't capture in the photos. No cracks or repairs. It has a great sound. Unfortunately, I've found that my, um, "experienced" hands much prefer a two part body and so I must, sadly move this one on.

Click on thumbnail photos for larger versions.

More photos on request. Contact me either via PM or email using the buttons below.

Thanks for looking.

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
Steve Bliven
antispam: No

Re: FS Peter Noy Blackwood Keyless $925

Post by Steve Bliven »

Bump. Nice instrument at a good price (one half the cost of his new ones).

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.