FS Brandon McMahon 5-key and Schwedler-style 12-key SOLD

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
bigsciota
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

FS Brandon McMahon 5-key and Schwedler-style 12-key SOLD

Post by bigsciota »

I'm selling two flutes that are both fairly interesting/unique. Both feature a "wing" embouchure on a metal head, which is actually designed to be easier to play than the usual embouchure but might take some getting used to if, like me, you play a "normal" Irish-style flute. They both play well and have been repaired/restored by qualified hands recently. I'm selling because I've found myself with too many flutes and not enough time to play them all, and I've decided that I don't really need keys for most of what I play.

The first flute was made by Brendan McMahon in the mid-80s and has 5 keys (C, Bb, G#, short F, Eb). I recently had new cork put on the tenons, and the repairman checked the head cork and the pads, all of which are still in good shape. I have taken a few pictures and sounds samples, which you can view here:

https://app.box.com/s/4zkfqh15vcpi4wzvtw3dfi75xbz5g1il

The second flute is one that I bought a little over a year ago from Lorenzo on this site. He did a beautiful job of restoring it, and it plays with a nice tone. It's got 12 keys and goes all the way down to low B, which actually sounds pretty strong once you get the hang of it. The original listing from Lorenzo had much better pictures and video than I can do with my phone, so I'll refer you to that (plus, Lorenzo's a much better player than I). It's in pretty much the same condition, and has been well-maintained since I bought it with no issues or malfunctions.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=101788

I'm hoping these get bought and played, so I'm open to any reasonable offers. I'm located in Massachusetts, USA, but can ship to anywhere.
bigsciota

Re: FS Brandon McMahon 5-key and Schwedler-style 12-key

Post by bigsciota »

Bump, and also I will be in Ireland next week, so if anyone in Ireland/UK/Europe would like to buy one of these, I can ship from there.
bigsciota

Post by bigsciota »

Bump.
bigsciota

Post by bigsciota »

The Schwedler flute has been SOLD.