FS: Full set of uilleann pipes in C (cross posting)

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
daveboling
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

FS: Full set of uilleann pipes in C (cross posting)

Post by daveboling »

Full set in C by Richard Patkós, with two keys on the chanter ("C" & "F"), and a wooden chanter top. The chanter, drones, and regs are African ebony, boxwood, and brass. I do not know the species of wood for the main stock. Everything is working well with the exception of the bass reg reed. The edges of the reed have opened up, and I have not had time to attempt a replacement reed. The chanter reed is new, with less than four hours of playing on it, and is the result of the experience, generosity, and teaching skill of a bloke from West Clare who taught reed making this past year in St. Louis.
The chanter is playing well, and in tune through both octaves.
The drones and regs (tenor and baritone) are playing well, but don't have more than six or seven hours on them since the set was new.
The pictures below are of the set when it was new. I took pictures last night, but looking at them this morning they are all out of focus. The set has been thoroughly cleaned and polished to match the state of the pictures below, and I will post current pictures as soon as I can get the (&#)$(&@! camera to save the same image it shows on the viewfinder.
I have a daughter in medical school who is planning on getting married next June, so the set has to go. If you want the set, as is, I will sell it for what Richard is asking for a new 3/4 set with two keys, $5300(€4460), since the bass reg is not playing. If I get the bass reg playing, the asking price will be $5600 (€4760). The same set new would be $6520(€5480).
I can be reached by PM, or by email at dbs (at) hiwaay (dot) net.

dave boling
I teleported home one night
With Ron and Sid and Meg.
Ron stole Meggie's heart away
And I got Sidney's leg.
-- Douglas Adams

'Bundinn er bátlaus maðu'.
daveboling

Re: FS: Full set of uilleann pipes in C (cross posting)

Post by daveboling »

SWMBO has spoken. The set has to go.:cry: The price is now US$5000, buyer pays shipping and insurance. New pictures will appear in the next couple of days on the Uilleannobsession website.

dave boling
And I got Sidney's leg.
-- Douglas Adams

daveboling

Re: FS: Full set of uilleann pipes in C (cross posting)

Post by daveboling »

Set is now listed, with current pictures, on Uilleannobsession.

dave boling
And I got Sidney's leg.
-- Douglas Adams