fs or trade - John Sindt - not the norm - SOLD

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
yvie
antispam: No

fs or trade - John Sindt - not the norm - SOLD

Post by yvie »

Hello chiffers, all Sold

been a while since i've been on, new interest ( VIOLIN ) a labour of love...... I have had a good clear out of bits and pieces, and have found a Sindt high
D, that I bought maybe 10 or 12 years ago, it came with two tubes, an original Sindt in brass with the two tuning lines at the top, weird thing is the bottom end has a bell type flare to it, and has some oober smooth tool marks in the lower back, not dents just dips in the metal impossible to photograph but can be felt very slightly when you run your hand over them, the second is a brass tube very similar but with no tuning lines, and slightly lighter.

the weirdness continues, having looked at other Sindt pictures the delrin on this one finishes differently it has a groove between the brass and the delrin part,
the delrin is also more reminiscent of O'riordans delrin head joints, not in design but more in the smooth edges, I had a couple Pats whistle back in the day and always thought his Delrin heads seem softer than Johns, take a look at the pics see what you think, it's up for sale either way.

could be a prototype or just a whistle that's been reworked, if memory serves, I bought it from a chap in Lancashire, and he had it a few years
I bought it on a whim, as it played so nicely, but then put it away and didn't get into whistle until 2012, it has JS scratched on the back of the headpiece

IF YOUR STRAPPED FOR CASH, I'M AFTER A DELRIN FLUTE FOR MY DAUGHTER, SHE'S OUTGROWN HER DIXON POLYMER
OR SAY £180 STRAIGHT BUY ONO

also up for sale
Susato D, fipple block is not plastic, looks like some sort of wood, £25
a really old oak D, £5
a Wallis D, fipple plug looks like Lead/pewter, nasty.... £30
and a high F really old brass, block looks to be wood replacement. £30

if anyone has info on the Sindt, would be great to know the story, open to any sensible offer separately or the whole lot, I live in the United Kingdom, so if your interested PM me and I can do a postage check for your location, Europe should be quite cheap, 10 euros or so.

cheers Yvie

image hosting over 10mb