FS: E. Baack Antique American Cocus 8 Key Flute SOLD

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Jayhawk
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

FS: E. Baack Antique American Cocus 8 Key Flute SOLD

Post by Jayhawk »

I bought this flute from Jon C last fall, and I really do love it...but I'm a one flute kind of guy and lead a polymer flute lifestyle. I don't like switching between flutes and don't feel comfortable taking this old girl camping in our harsh Midwestern weather or leaving her in my car (which I am prone to do) in all seasons. The long and short of it is that this lovely flute deserves to be played regularly, so I'm offering her for sale.

Edward Baack was originally from Germany but moved to American and made flutes in the American style (e.g., like Firth, Hall and Pond). Having briefly had a FHP on trial, I much preferred the Baack flute - really well in tune for an antique flute, great volume for a small holed flute...just a really sweet player. I've played her onstage at the KC Irish Festival last fall, and I've played her in sessions (up to 18 people, and with a good embouchure had no problems being heard). Ornamentation is nice and crisp, and I can play amazingly long phrases thanks to the narrower bore. Flute is circa 1870.

I don't know if the pictures show this well or not, but he cocus is stunning...my session mates will be sad to see her go...they comment on the wood regularly.

There are two issues with flute, one repaired and one that will never work:

1) Two repaired cracks to the barrel...stable. I consider this a non-issue since they don't leak, but have pictures of the barrel so you can see the repairs.

2) The low C key simply does not close completely...despite trying since last August, it does not work. The low C#, does, though (although it is a quiet note). So consider this more of a 7 key flute for usability purposes.

Flute comes with a pelican pistol case and two humidifiers (I live in a house from 1870 and have to really crank the heat to keep it warm in the winter). It's been kept well humidified.

I'm asking $950 (shipping in continental US included - out of US I'll or CONUS I'll add actual shipping costs), which is what I paid for it (if you add the case, humidifiers and shipping to the original price).

PM if interested or if you have questions.

Eric
Jayhawk
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Re: FS: E. Baack Antique American Cocus 8 Key Flute For Sale

Post by Jayhawk »

Bump...also, feel free to make an offer...the price is not set in stone.

Eric
Jayhawk

FS: Price Drop - E. Baack Antique Am. Cocus 8 Key Flute For

Post by Jayhawk »

Price dropped to $900 plus free shipping in the continental USA.

Eric
Jayhawk

Post by Jayhawk »

Updated price...$850 plus free shipping in the continental USA.
Jayhawk

Post by Jayhawk »

Flute is sold.