Potential for unavailability

Board policies and official announcements about Chiff and Fipple and the forums. Please read!
rich
i see what you did there
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by rich »

Just a reminder that the machine that you're reading this from is colocated in New York City. It's still up so it'll probably remain so, but should you find it unavailable, you can imagine why.
<ul>-Rich</ul>
rich
i see what you did there

Post by rich »

Some of you may have noticed that the server upon which the board resides was serving you an error rather than a board for a short time this evening.

After a brief service interruption (unrelated to the terrorist attacks), the machine on which the board is hosted had to be restarted, but the database that stores the posts and so forth failed to start. It's purring away now. Apologies for the inconvenience.
<ul>-Rich</ul>
rich
i see what you did there

Post by rich »

Above.net has announced:
<blockquote><small>The Telehouse at 25 Broadway in New York is shutting down due to lack of power and fuel in relation to the events on September 11th. . This is not an MFN facility, however customers and peers may be affected. You may experience some latency and/or packet loss if data travels through this location. At this point we have no ETR. </small></blockquote>
The board might be a little slow for a while, and might experience temporary periods of unavailability.
<ul>-Rich</ul>