Zac Leger solo album project. You can help!

Board policies and official announcements about Chiff and Fipple and the forums. Please read!
fluteboy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Zac Leger solo album project. You can help!

Post by fluteboy »

(grateful thanks to the mods for allowing me to post this!)

Hi folks,
Zac Leger here. Many of you know me. If not, a quick introduction: I am an uilleann piper and multi-instrumentalist based in Los Angeles and I concentrate primarily on playing Irish traditional music for a living. Over the years as a touring musician, many, many fans have requested a solo album. It has become my dream to finalize a recording at some point. However, despite my hard work and busy touring schedule, a lack of funds has always kept me from being able to realize that dream. But now, by utilizing the renowned internet-based project-funding website KickStarter, I am attempting to raise funds to finish paying for a wonderful new set of pipes being crafted for me (allowing me to work and quickly pay back the remainder into the cd fund) and to finish recording my solo album. I am not particularly interested in making money off this recording, I just want to place a CD of good music in the hands of the many folks who have supported me over the years. In this way I am taking the pre-sales for the album and using those funds to record the CD. This will not likely fund the entire project, but it will give me the boost needed to complete the album and the rest I will pay out of my own pocket. KickStarter is extremely easy to use and you can pledge whatever amount you like. It is a wonderful website devoted to allowing patronage of the arts and other creative projects and they are partnered with Amazon.com for their payment processing, so everything is private and legit. You can check out KickStarter and my project as well as a more detailed bio about me and some links to my music and videos here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/10 ... solo-album
No pledge is too small and pledges of higher amount will receive special rewards which you can also find out more about on the KickStarter link.
I am currently taking orders for up to two (2) CDs. If you are interested in ordering a larger number, contact me when the album is released and I will see what I have in stock. Pledges of higher amounts will receive special rewards: honorable mentions, tunes written and recorded for the donors, etc. Check out the rewards page on my project profile for details. If even a small number of all of my online friends were to all pledge only $15 a piece (the cost of one CD), I would more than meet my goal!
One other small thing: if you make a pledge, afterward, please send me a short e-mail to zaclegercdproject@gmail.com with your name, mailing address (if you want a CD) and the amount you pledged. These will kept completely confidential, they are for my records only and it allows me to keep track of where to send CDs and other rewards all in one place! Making a pledge and then dropping me a short e-mail should only take about 10 minutes out your day and I would really appreciate the support! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
In closing, thank you to all of you in advance and if you feel like passing this note on or re-posting to anyone you think might enjoy my music, I would be incredibly grateful. Have a happy new year and God bless,

Zac Leger
http://www.youtube.com/legertymusic
http://www.myspace.com/zacleger
MTGuru
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Zac Leger solo album project. You can help!

Post by MTGuru »

Full disclosure: Zac is a personal friend of both Dale and myself, so we've given special permission for this project announcement. It's good to know the boss. :-)

Zac also happens to be a super-talented musician, an accomplished performer, and a strong candidate for the Nicest Guy in the Universe award. So we really wish him well with this unusual project.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
Liney Bear

Post by Liney Bear »

I have had the pleasure of meeting and playing with Zac. He's a fine fellow and a *sick* player. I was happy to contribute to his album and pipes - I encourage others to do the same.
fearfaoin

Post by fearfaoin »

$250 and Zac will compose a tune of your choice
and record it for youtube. Guys, in the old days,
you'd probably have to give a musician room and
board for months to have your own Planxty. Now
it's a mere 250 clams. Cheap as free!

And you don't get many chances to be an album
"producer"... My band's in the process of making
a CD and I was really surprised how expensive and
time-consuming it can be.
brotherwind

Post by brotherwind »

Good luck with the project, Zac!
fluteboy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by fluteboy »

Thank you all for the kind comments and thank you so much to those of you who have already pledged. I am incredibly grateful!

Zac