Temporary forum outage February 25th, at 3:00 AM PST

Board policies and official announcements about Chiff and Fipple and the forums. Please read!
rich
i see what you did there
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Temporary forum outage February 25th, at 3:00 AM PST

Post by rich »

The forums will be unavailable for a brief period in the early morning this Sunday, February 25th, at 12 midnight Pacific - 3 AM Eastern - 8 AM UTC while our provider repairs a critical fault in its power distribution system.

Their notification and the comments of a bunch of people running around like the sky is falling can be read <a href="http://www.dreamhoststatus.com/2007/02/ ... /">here</a>. :)
Cynth

Post by Cynth »

Andres Says:

February 23rd, 2007 at 2:59 am
We just transferred to DH from Lunar Pages a few weeks ago. I am in shock…in my 3+ years with LP, not once did the site go down for multiple hours (or even an hour)…and they offer hosting at $7 a month…

This is strike one…

Giles Says:

February 23rd, 2007 at 4:00 am
That really sucks. We’ve just transfered hosting this week, and it has been a nightmare. Our email has been down for 3 days, and when I emailed the dreamhost support it bounced on their side.

What do I do? Anyone got suggestions of a better hosting service?
Dear Giles: Apparently Lunar Pages is both perfect and cheap. I can't imagine why Andres changed :lol:.
michael schurter Says:

February 22nd, 2007 at 9:05 pm
I mean just buy 1 server in the most boring landlocked midwest state and let it at least serve dns and dreamhomestatus.com throughout outages.

Let me know if you’d like help setting it up.
michael is right. Nothing ever goes wrong here and Iowa would love to have your business.

Thanks for the warning and the laughs :lol:.
Diligentia maximum etiam mediocris ingeni subsidium. ~ Diligence is a very great help even to a mediocre intelligence.----Seneca
susnfx

Post by susnfx »

Hi Rich! Never see you around much, nice to know you're still taking care of things for us.

Susan