New RSS feed URLs

Board policies and official announcements about Chiff and Fipple and the forums. Please read!
Craig Stuntz
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Craig Stuntz »

rich wrote:Are you checking while you're logged in?
Interesting. Yes, it does make a difference. The time is correct when I'm not logged in and incorrect when I am. It shouldn't be adjusting the time based on my profile settings since a GMT offset is specified, though (or it should change the GMT offset as well as the time).

That said, the change should at least keep Bloglines happier (but could be an issue for people who use RSS browser plugins). I'm not showing unread items in Bloglines right now, but I'll sit tight and see what happens; I have a feeling I should wait at least eight hours before drawing conclusions as to whether or not it fixed the issue.

Thanks for all your work on this.
Craig Stuntz

Post by Craig Stuntz »

Still no luck today. I found one other feed in my Bloglines subscriptions which is having similar problems, so I've contacted Bloglines to see if the problem is on their end.
Craig Stuntz

Post by Craig Stuntz »

As of this morning things seem to be working again. I don't know if it was the time or a bloglines issue, but things seem to be working now, so thanks for your help with that!

One thing I miss from the old feeds, however, is some indication of which forum an item was posted to. It could go in the title or in the category attribute of the feed. Would that be possible?

Thanks again!
rich
i see what you did there

Post by rich »

Craig Stuntz wrote:As of this morning things seem to be working again. I don't know if it was the time or a bloglines issue, but things seem to be working now, so thanks for your help with that!

One thing I miss from the old feeds, however, is some indication of which forum an item was posted to. It could go in the title or in the category attribute of the feed. Would that be possible?

Thanks again!
Oh, huh. I'm reading the per-forum feeds on Bloglines so the lack of forum indicators didn't faze me. :-) Good idea, added.

-Rich
Craig Stuntz

Post by Craig Stuntz »

rich wrote:Oh, huh. I'm reading the per-forum feeds on Bloglines so the lack of forum indicators didn't faze me. :-) Good idea, added.
Works great; thanks.

I didn't notice that per-forum feeds were available, too. I might go that road so that I can skip politics -- which I never mix with whistling :) -- but I'd hate to miss out on Barbershop-Darbhanga or whatever is added next. :D Can you exclude a forum with a URL argument?

Please don't go to any effort to add this; I'm just curious if the feature already exists.
rich
i see what you did there

Post by rich »

Craig Stuntz wrote: I didn't notice that per-forum feeds were available, too. I might go that road so that I can skip politics -- which I never mix with whistling :) -- but I'd hate to miss out on Barbershop-Darbhanga or whatever is added next. :D Can you exclude a forum with a URL argument?

Please don't go to any effort to add this; I'm just curious if the feature already exists.
Nope, can't exclude. That'd be painful on a site like bloglines, anyhow; there are 13 forum feeds, but there are 6227020800 combination-of-forum feeds! Barbershop-Darbhanga and the other ones are just renamed, not created and removed, so if you subscribe to that forum, you'll stay subscribed regardless of Dale's ever-changing tastes.
Craig Stuntz

Post by Craig Stuntz »

OK, thanks once more for all your help!
Craig Stuntz

Post by Craig Stuntz »

All of the RSS feeds have the <link> attribute pointing at:

http://chiffboard.mati.ca/index.php

If possible it would be nice if they pointed at the relevant page; i.e. the link for the pub feed would point to the pub index, etc.

Thanks!
O’Sluagahadain

Re: New RSS feed URLs

Post by O’Sluagahadain »

Ok, I'm lost. I have looked thru this entire thread, and have also checked the forum index page and the whistle forum page and can't for the life of me find an RSS link anywhere. I just checked these pages with firefox (my default browser), Internet explorer, and then I reviewed them again with Google Chrome to see if one of my browser's "add removal" plugins was hiding the links, but still can't find anything. Could someone please post the rss link(s) in simple text form so I can get back on track with my reading. Sorry to be a bother, I can usually sort this kind of thing out for myself, but I'm lost.

Thanks again in advance.
Play On!

(¯¯[)¯¯¯¯¯((¯¯¯¯¯¯¯o¯O¯o¯O¯O¯o¯¯¯¯)
_________________ O'Sluagahadain ___
Denny
antispam: No

Re: New RSS feed URLs

Post by Denny »

there is none at this time

it will, most likely, be added to the new version of the BB in a while