Move complete - please report problems here

Board policies and official announcements about Chiff and Fipple and the forums. Please read!
moxy
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by moxy »

rich wrote:
moxy wrote:I'm getting email notifications of new posts in some threads, although I've clicked "Stop watching this thread". Now when I get the emails, I go back to click "Stop watching this thread", but it's not there...

So I'm still getting emails and shouldn't be...
Can you point to a thread that's misbehaving in that way? The same data is used to display the "Stop watching" link that is used to decide when to send email, so I can't look for things that don't match.

Is the delay between stopping watching and getting email a couple of minutes, or a couple of hours?
Hi Rich - sorry for the delay. Today, I got one from this thread: http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php ... sc&start=0

The delay is a couple of days. In fact, I never asked to watch that particular thread... But other threads that I asked to watch, then asked not to watch, took a few days. Those ones aren't alerting me anymore though, it seems, unless of course no posts were added. But this one alerted me today, and I've never asked to watch that thread.

rich
i see what you did there

Post by rich »

moxy wrote: Hi Rich - sorry for the delay. Today, I got one from this thread: http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php ... sc&start=0

The delay is a couple of days. In fact, I never asked to watch that particular thread...
Hrm. I can't find out when you started watching that thread, because the host we were on then is gone now, but you're currently recorded as watching it (and seven other threads right now). As for the delay, that thread was updated yesterday afternoon (Pacific time), so that's probably not an unheard-of delay if your ISP or Dreamhost had a bit of a mail queue to get through.

When you go to http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php?t=21373 now and scroll to the bottom, does it say "Watch this topic for replies" or "Stop watching this topic"? If it says "Stop watching this topic", click that link and let me know you have, and I'll see what happens inside.
moxy

Post by moxy »

[quote="rich
When you go to http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php?t=21373 now and scroll to the bottom, does it say "Watch this topic for replies" or "Stop watching this topic"? If it says "Stop watching this topic", click that link and let me know you have, and I'll see what happens inside.[/quote]

I've clicked "stop watching this topic" on the thread you asked about. I shouldn't be watching any topics! I got emails overnight stating I had new posts on this very thread too, but I never asked to watch it...
rich
i see what you did there

Post by rich »

moxy wrote:I've clicked "stop watching this topic" on the thread you asked about. I shouldn't be watching any topics! I got emails overnight stating I had new posts on this very thread too, but I never asked to watch it...
You successfully stopped watching it, so I don't have anything to go on as to what might have happened. Since you shouldn't be watching anything, I've removed the rest of the threads from your watched-topic list, so everything should be back to normal now.
moxy

Post by moxy »

rich wrote:Since you shouldn't be watching anything, I've removed the rest of the threads from your watched-topic list, so everything should be back to normal now.
Thank you!!! That's perfect.