Forums moving Thursday July 29 evening

Board policies and official announcements about Chiff and Fipple and the forums. Please read!
rich
i see what you did there
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Forums moving Thursday July 29 evening

Post by rich »

Since the current hosting arrangements for the forum will be going away this coming weekend, I'll be moving the forums to their new home tomorrow (Thursday, July 29) night, probably around 01:00 GMT (9 PM Eastern). The software is already up and running in its new home so I don't expect any complications during the move.

You may find yourself temporarily unable to reach the forums while the new address propagates through the DNS.

The new home of the forums is <a href="http://www.dreamhost.com/">Dreamhost</a>, a commercial web hosting company in California, and is being funded by the advertising that was recently introduced on the forums.

I'll post a followup here when the move is complete.

Cheers,
--Rich
headwizer

Post by headwizer »

DreamHost pricing is incredible - 40G of transfer bandwidth for the cheapest plan! I just switched hosts, but if DreamHost service is good, I may move the server again.
Dale
The Landlord

Post by Dale »

Although Rich will have none of it, I hope everyone will take a moment to acknowledge him. Rich's efforts to create, maintain, and crisis-manage the technical aspects of this board have been heroic. We are in his debt and I wouldn't be able to begin to tell you how much that is so.
blackhawk
antispam: No

Post by blackhawk »

Thank you, Rich! We'd be lost without you, like a canoe with no paddles!
Nothing is so firmly believed as that which is least known--Montaigne

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark. The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light
--Plato
Byll
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Post by Byll »

Words are inadequate, Rich.
Thank you.
Byll
'Everything Matters...'
Lisa Diane Cope 1963-1979
PhilO

Post by PhilO »

We play, we fight, we grow, we learn, we laugh, and you support it all. Thanks Rich and Dale.

Philo
"This is this; this ain't something else. This is this." - Robert DeNiro, "The Deer Hunter," 1978.
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Post by IDAwHOa »

PhilO wrote:We play, we fight, we grow, we learn, we laugh, and you support it all. Thanks Rich and Dale.

Philo
frustrated, angry, embarrassed, educated......

Is there an adjective that does not apply? I think there should be a HUGE thank you to all those that have contributed $$ to make this move possible as well.

Woo Hoo Thank You!
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
Mack.Hoover
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Mack.Hoover »

THANK YOU, THANK YOU RICH!!!

Mack
IDAwHOa
Tell us something.: I play whistles. I sell whistles. This seems just a BIT excessive to the cause. A sentence or two is WAY less than 100 characters.

Re: Forums moving Thursday July 29 evening

Post by IDAwHOa »

rich wrote: I'll be moving the forums to their new home tomorrow (Thursday, July 29) night,
Cheers,
--Rich
I know, I am impatient, but did the move happen as scheduled????
Steven - IDAwHOa - Wood Rocks

"If you keep asking questions.... You keep getting answers." - Miss Frizzle - The Magic School Bus
avanutria
Tell us something.: A long time chatty Chiffer but have been absent for almost two decades. Returned in 2022 and still recognize some names! I also play anglo concertina now.

Post by avanutria »

Not yet, Norcal - see http://chiffboard.mati.ca/viewtopic.php?t=21368 , the thread right next to this one.
OutOfBreath

Post by OutOfBreath »

Dreamhost is very good. I've been with them since 1999. Talk about cheap, I got grandfathered in so my rate never goes up :)
John
-------
The Internet is wonderful. Surely there have always been thousands of people deeply concerned about my sex life and the quality of my septic tank but before the Internet I never heard from any of them.
anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

Let me add my thanks to Rich, Dale and Alan, and all those who take the time, have the funds and manage to keep this wonderful resource available to those of us who, for whatever reason, are unable to contribute more than our banter and ideas.

I really appreciate all that you do!!!
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com