Coolboard archives no longer available

Board policies and official announcements about Chiff and Fipple and the forums. Please read!
rich
i see what you did there
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Coolboard archives no longer available

Post by rich »

All,

From July 2000 to May 2001, the Chiff and Fipple Forums were hosted by the free Coolboard web forum service. In June 2001 Coolboard ceased operations and the forums were moved to their present home. At that time I mirrored the content of the Coolboard archives and made them available and searchable at the new site for reference and posterity, although the search feature stopped working after last year's forum outage, and demand did not justify rebuilding it.

As it stands now, the archive accounts for 50% of the forum's disk usage and 0.3% of the hits the forum gets; even then, the majority of those hits are search engines downloading the full 120MB. In order to conserve disk, tape and bandwidth, I have removed the archive from the forum website. The data was not destroyed; Dale and I each have copies of the archives. If you require access to the archive that can be arranged; contact me and let me know what you need and I'll see what I can do.

Cheers,
--Rich