We're back!

Board policies and official announcements about Chiff and Fipple and the forums. Please read!
rich
i see what you did there
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

We're back!

Post by rich »

Well, it took more time and more new disks than anyone had expected, but we're back up and running, and (knock on wood) this should last us for a while now.

Thanks to your donations, and some contributions from other sites hosted at boredom.org, we've been able to bring up a smaller but more reliable second colocated server which will be used for high-profile sites like this one, so the typical failures we experience can be limited in scope.

Your response to my request for donations was astounding, by the way. Petro is still working on the other machine, but once things are back to normal for all his users I'll be able to tell you where we ended up and thank individual donors. Your donations really helped get things going here as quickly as possible, and are very much appreciated. Once again you guys have blown me away.

Since I've had to install all of the software from scratch we might yet run into problems here. I've got things going here just before I left for work so I might not be able to address them right away today, but I'll check in occasionally for

If you notice something that you think is broken, please <a href="mailto:webmaster@mati.ca">send me mail</a> to ensure I see it quickly.

Happy whistling,
<ul>-Rich</ul>
Last edited by rich on Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carrie

Post by carrie »

Another big thank you to all.

Thank you!

Carol
Sara

Post by Sara »

:) YAY!!! I've missed checking the board since it's been down! Glad to see it's back up.

Cheerio and peace!
Sara
Somewhere in Texas, a village is missing its idiot.

You can't hear the truth over your own lawnmower, man!
Jerry Freeman
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Jerry Freeman »

We are in your debt. Heartfelt thanks.
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Ah. My life is complete once again.

Tom
Mack.Hoover
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Mack.Hoover »

THANK YOU!
sturob

Other than the date . . .

Post by sturob »

You mean other than the date? :lol:

Great to be back, thankyuhvermuch.

Stuart
sturob

Post by sturob »

And the time! What happened? Looks like the server calculated GMT as though MST were actually 12 hours ahead of itself. Right now it's saying 31 May 2003 at 0715, and the current GMT is 30 May 2003 at 1715.

Wacky.

Stuart
rich
i see what you did there

Post by rich »

sturob wrote:And the time! What happened? Looks like the server calculated GMT as though MST were actually 12 hours ahead of itself. Right now it's saying 31 May 2003 at 0715, and the current GMT is 30 May 2003 at 1715.
Haha, woops. What happened is that I forgot to set the time, assuming someone else had done it. La, la la. Fixed now. :oops:

[Edit: Of course, that meant that current posts appeared before older posts. I've taken all of the posts posted between the board coming back and me fixing the time and moved them back in time exactly one day to preserve ordering.]

<ul>-Rich</ul>
ErikT

Post by ErikT »

Add my thanks, Rich!