On Email Notification Of Posts

Board policies and official announcements about Chiff and Fipple and the forums. Please read!
rich
i see what you did there
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

On Email Notification Of Posts

Post by rich »

All,

It seems that email notification of followup posts has defaulted to 'on' in some or all users' profiles during the upgrade. This means you may have been receiving mail notifying you of followup posts which you did not want to receive.

To make matters worse, once you've posted on a post, the setting belonged to the post, not to your profile, so disabling it

In order to correct this the simplest way, I've <b>disabled email notification for all current threads and for all users.</b>

If you don't want to receive email about posts on the forums, you do not have to do anything.

<b>If you do want to receive email</b>:

If you want to receive email about followups for every thread you post in, go into your Profile with the link at the top of any page here, and turn "Always notify me of replies"
on.

If you want to receive followups from only certain threads, click "Notify me when a reply is posted" when you post to that thread.

Email <b>notification for private messages is still enabled</b> -- that's sufficiently useful and low-volume that I decided not to touch it.

My apologies for the barrage of email some prolific posters received.

--Rich