Page 1 of 1

For people who want to mount their flange

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:05 pm
by FJohnSharp
this company offers a split nut

(you just can't make stuff like this up)

Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:16 pm
by chas
That nut is actually for cases in which the union nut has broken. You want to replace the nut, but don't want to take the whole pipe out. They make various normally one-piece things, like CV boots, similarly. It's a nifty idea, and has saved many people much money.

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:25 pm
by WyoBadger
I much prefer my flanges unmounted, thanks all the same.


Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:45 pm
by harpmaker
I'd also prefer not to have split nuts....