For people who want to mount their flange

All about flanges and dental hygiene. And hummus.
FJohnSharp
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to be a regular then I took up the bassoon. Bassoons don't have a lot of chiff. Not really, I have always been a drummer, and my C&F years were when I was a little tired of the drums. Now I'm back playing drums. I mist the C&F years, though.

For people who want to mount their flange

Post by FJohnSharp »

this company offers a split nut

http://spapartsnet.com/Plumbing-Parts/P ... 8_1_1.html

(you just can't make stuff like this up)
chas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by chas »

That nut is actually for cases in which the union nut has broken. You want to replace the nut, but don't want to take the whole pipe out. They make various normally one-piece things, like CV boots, similarly. It's a nifty idea, and has saved many people much money.
Charlie
Whorfin Woods
"Our work puts heavy metal where it belongs -- as a music genre and not a pollutant in drinking water." -- Prof Ali Miserez.
WyoBadger
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

I much prefer my flanges unmounted, thanks all the same.

Tom
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
harpmaker
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by harpmaker »

I'd also prefer not to have split nuts....
Discussing politics is like having a conversation with the ex. You know that no matter what the subject....it could be as innocent as what you had to eat for lunch....you know that they are going to somehow work your past sins into the conversation