Stolen: Chicago - Banjo, flute, whistles

A place for our musicians to post information about instruments lost, stolen, or otherwise missing.
Forum rules
This is the C&F-wide forum for posting notices of any instruments which have been lost or stolen, or have gone missing.

Titles should include at least the type of instrument (flute, fiddle, etc.), the place of disappearance, and the nature of the loss.

Example: Stolen: Generation D whistle in Timbuktu

Reports linked from other sources or internet sites should include the basic information in addition to just the link.

In order to limit cross-posting, and to keep reporting and information centralized in one place, a post linking to a notice here (but not a copy) may be posted in ONE other C&F forum, typically the forum of the instrument involved.

Of course, follow-up posts to announce found or recovered instruments are always welcome!

Thanks - Your ChiffCo Management
Julia Delaney
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play fiddle, concertina, flute. I live in NH. Lived in Kilshanny, Co Clare, for about 20 years. Politically on the far left. Diet on the far right (plant-based fundamentalist). Musically in the middle of the pure drop.

Stolen: Chicago - Banjo, flute, whistles

Post by Julia Delaney »

Trad Instruments stolen in Chicago

Friends,
Last night after a gig on the North side of Chicago my vehicle was vandalized and broken into. All of my instruments and gear were stolen. All I really care about is the customized instruments. If anyone hears or know of anyone trying to sell or trade the following, please contact me.
My 19 fret custom made David Boyle tenor banjo, made in Ireland for me in 2009. It has a blonde maple neck and resonator, a Fishman Rare Earth pickup installed and 1/4 jack below the tail piece for plug in. Also stolen, my Patrick Olwell, blackwood keyless D flute with a wooden mouthpiece cut for a left handed player. A Michael Burke low F aluminum whistle, a Thin Weasel blackwood D whistle made by George Schultz.
The flute and Thin Weasel whistle were in a custom wooden flute case made by Aidan O’Toole. The rest of the gear was in a black nylon duffle bag. The banjo and flute were in a black nylon soft shelled gig-bag case.
Any help or insight would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Pat Quinn 312-208-3712
Freedom is merely privilege extended, unless enjoyed by one and all. The Internationale