Stolen: Flute collection and music collection, Germany

A place for our musicians to post information about instruments lost, stolen, or otherwise missing.
Forum rules
This is the C&F-wide forum for posting notices of any instruments which have been lost or stolen, or have gone missing.

Titles should include at least the type of instrument (flute, fiddle, etc.), the place of disappearance, and the nature of the loss.

Example: Stolen: Generation D whistle in Timbuktu

Reports linked from other sources or internet sites should include the basic information in addition to just the link.

In order to limit cross-posting, and to keep reporting and information centralized in one place, a post linking to a notice here (but not a copy) may be posted in ONE other C&F forum, typically the forum of the instrument involved.

Of course, follow-up posts to announce found or recovered instruments are always welcome!

Thanks - Your ChiffCo Management
Neil B
antispam: No

Stolen: Flute collection and music collection, Germany

Post by Neil B »

Hi to all just joined the forums....

I have had my collection of simple system Hawkes Crown AZ flutes stolen May 2nd 2009 so about now I expect them to resurface. Can any one notify me if they come up for sale please? Sadly I never took numbers, who expects to be robbed :cry: Someone on the forum has a pic of the flutes & I'm trying to retrieve it (I had my PC stolen also at the time) so maybe I'll be able to add on later?

STOLEN...
F piccolo Ebonite, new small barrel made no logo on this section.
Eb Piccolo Wood ebonite small barrel, screws oversized on some pillers.
Bb Flute Ebonite, D# key heavily soldered & points visable on new tenon joint.
F Flute Wood ebonite small section (I think?) mouthpiece spotty parts possibly from whisky drinker previously LoL....
The Eb Bass was out of the cabinet and the Bb bass the robber/s coulnd't get out....so I had some luck on those two.
X 3 Rudall Carte wood Flutes went also & two libraries of music.

STOLEN....
The Hawkes Band Books for Drum & fife No.1- 41 all instruments ViZ: Piccolo, 1st Bb etc through to Drums, in seperate brown envelopes, Blue lables for number & White lable for flute etc...&
The Boosey's New Drum & Fife Journal. brown envelopes with yellow lables for the number.1-248 ....plus about a dozen unnumbered at the end.

I'm in Germany and as these flutes are of no real use here, I expect they might have been sent to the UK? Here's hoping someone might see something. eBay was notified but no real interest was forthcoming from them :-?

Cheers Neil B.
MTGuru
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: Stolen: Flute collection and music collection, Germany

Post by MTGuru »

Just adding that the OP is located in Bergen, Niedersachsen (Lower Saxony), in the area of Hannover, Celle and Hamburg.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.