Lost: Vambrace D whistle, Australia - found!

A place for our musicians to post information about instruments lost, stolen, or otherwise missing.
Forum rules
This is the C&F-wide forum for posting notices of any instruments which have been lost or stolen, or have gone missing.

Titles should include at least the type of instrument (flute, fiddle, etc.), the place of disappearance, and the nature of the loss.

Example: Stolen: Generation D whistle in Timbuktu

Reports linked from other sources or internet sites should include the basic information in addition to just the link.

In order to limit cross-posting, and to keep reporting and information centralized in one place, a post linking to a notice here (but not a copy) may be posted in ONE other C&F forum, typically the forum of the instrument involved.

Of course, follow-up posts to announce found or recovered instruments are always welcome!

Thanks - Your ChiffCo Management
Mitch
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Lost: Vambrace D whistle, Australia - found!

Post by Mitch »

Hmm - not a lot of reports here!

That's Great value statement for whistlers!!!

However, I have to post this one.

Lost in transit - probably fell off a goods-loading train and rolled off down Mascot airport tarmac a few months ago.

Vambrace Delrin/Serling whistle in D serial number #90408.

If you find this sucker - It's stolen. Hopefully it didn't get crushed by a 767. A good whistle and its owner is pining for its return.

I'm making a replacement - but it could take a while :(

FOUND!!

Whistle #90408 materialised today.

Funny how these lost-in-transit things tend to re-surface when one lodges and insurance claim, also when one posts it as stolen. This one was "missing in transit" for 3 months.
I am glad it does not happen often!
All the best!

mitch
http://www.ozwhistles.com