Fiddle stolen in Lincoln/Nottingham area RECOVERED

A place for our musicians to post information about instruments lost, stolen, or otherwise missing.
Forum rules
This is the C&F-wide forum for posting notices of any instruments which have been lost or stolen, or have gone missing.

Titles should include at least the type of instrument (flute, fiddle, etc.), the place of disappearance, and the nature of the loss.

Example: Stolen: Generation D whistle in Timbuktu

Reports linked from other sources or internet sites should include the basic information in addition to just the link.

In order to limit cross-posting, and to keep reporting and information centralized in one place, a post linking to a notice here (but not a copy) may be posted in ONE other C&F forum, typically the forum of the instrument involved.

Of course, follow-up posts to announce found or recovered instruments are always welcome!

Thanks - Your ChiffCo Management
benhall.1
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Fiddle stolen in Lincoln/Nottingham area RECOVERED

Post by benhall.1 »

Here's the text of a message received a message last night from a friend of mine:

"Please, please read the message below. My niece has had her violin stolen as described below in the message from my sister. It was hand made by her father (Pascal) so it is distinctive and precious. This is a long shot, I know, but if you have any contacts in the Lincoln/Nottingham (East Midlands) area, please forward this e-mail to them....or in fact, string player/teacher contacts ANYWHERE! We all hope for it's safe return. Thanks"

"There is a white label which can be seen through the 2 f-shaped openings saying
Pascal Dominique Rey
Miramont de Comminges
and the year (can't remember which but either 2006 or 2007)

The varnish is a red-orange colour

Front: spruce with a characteristic grain deviation under the left f-hole from the top of the left lowerbout to the center joint.

Back: flamed maple made from 2 pieces. Flames make a chevron pointing towards the neck.

Fingerboard, pegs and chinrest: ebony

Bridge has a mark saying RP.

Valued at = £2000

The violin is in a rather tatty blue case. In the outside pocket, there are two violin books called "Fiddletime runners" and "Fiddletime scales 1". Inside the case, in addition to the violin, there is a bow, a tuner, a separate chin rest, a small round container with stuff to wipe the bow on (can't remember the name) and a cloth the size of the violin case."

violin scroll

violin front

violin back
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.

Re: Fiddle stolen in Lincoln/Nottingham area

Post by benhall.1 »

[Sorry, I don't know how to put the images straight into the message]
benhall.1

Re: Fiddle stolen in Lincoln/Nottingham area

Post by benhall.1 »

Amazingly, I've just had a message saying the isntrument has been recovered. I don't know how. but good news in any case.