LOST: Eoghan O'Sullivan's Eamon Cotter flute in NYC

A place for our musicians to post information about instruments lost, stolen, or otherwise missing.
Forum rules
This is the C&F-wide forum for posting notices of any instruments which have been lost or stolen, or have gone missing.

Titles should include at least the type of instrument (flute, fiddle, etc.), the place of disappearance, and the nature of the loss.

Example: Stolen: Generation D whistle in Timbuktu

Reports linked from other sources or internet sites should include the basic information in addition to just the link.

In order to limit cross-posting, and to keep reporting and information centralized in one place, a post linking to a notice here (but not a copy) may be posted in ONE other C&F forum, typically the forum of the instrument involved.

Of course, follow-up posts to announce found or recovered instruments are always welcome!

Thanks - Your ChiffCo Management
nishii
antispam: No

LOST: Eoghan O'Sullivan's Eamon Cotter flute in NYC

Post by nishii »

I received this recently from Eoghan O'Sullivan, one of the best flute-players in Irish music (imho) - he doesn't use computers much, so I said I'd post this for him in places that made sense. Flute Forum on C&F is the best place, to my knowledge. If anyone has thoughts about where else to put this, please let me know.

Or if you know a way to find things left in yellow cabs in NYC, please speak up!

Yes, he realizes it's a very slim possibility that it will be found, esp. at this late date. Hope spring eternal.

BTW, he and Pat O'Connor have a new recording out called Conversation at the Crosses.
http://www.conversationatcrosses.com/

LOST, well, actually *left* in the trunk of a yellow cab in NYC, a FLUTE.
Late afternoon, in mid April 2009, in front of Grand Central Station.

The flute is made from African Blackwood, keyless and in three sections.
Maker: Eamon Cotter, Kilmaley, Co. Clare, Ireland.
Original cork joints replaced with plumber's tape (white).
Instrument wrapped in navy blue batik style Japanese cloth and held in a red nylon soft case with black piping and shoulder strap.

The instrument is invaluable to its owner:
EOGHAN O SULLIVAN
11 MULBERRY CREST,
MITCHELSTOWN,
CO. CORK,
IRELAND
PHONE: 025/85378
E-MAIL: ORPHEUS1@EIRCOM.NET