Sylvain Barou's stolen flutes

A place for our musicians to post information about instruments lost, stolen, or otherwise missing.
Forum rules
This is the C&F-wide forum for posting notices of any instruments which have been lost or stolen, or have gone missing.

Titles should include at least the type of instrument (flute, fiddle, etc.), the place of disappearance, and the nature of the loss.

Example: Stolen: Generation D whistle in Timbuktu

Reports linked from other sources or internet sites should include the basic information in addition to just the link.

In order to limit cross-posting, and to keep reporting and information centralized in one place, a post linking to a notice here (but not a copy) may be posted in ONE other C&F forum, typically the forum of the instrument involved.

Of course, follow-up posts to announce found or recovered instruments are always welcome!

Thanks - Your ChiffCo Management
Dr Funkenstein
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Sylvain Barou's stolen flutes

Post by Dr Funkenstein »

Just got a message from Jackie Moran:
Sylvain Barou had a bag stolen from a train to Paris Sunday morning at 8am. In the bag were 2 Morvan Flutes in D and Eb both 6 keys and a Lehart 5 key in F. The laptop is a macbook pro and 2 Neumann microphones. Please spread the word and keep a look out on E Bay and second hand shops for these items.

Thanks!
Jackie
SylvainBarou
antispam: No

Post by SylvainBarou »

Dear friends,

As you have read above, all my stuff was stolen while I entered the train from Brussels Midi to Paris at 07:40 on Sunday morning.
As soon as I arrived in the train I left all my bags on the luggage rack then I stayed there, nearest to my stuff as usual, until the doors close, then I had to do a phone call which was like 20 seconds, when I turned back my bag with the laptop and flutes was already gone, I jumped out of the train but the man (or girl) was already far away, 20 seconds are very long, enough to steal a bag anyway.
What is unbelievable is that I already got my laptop stolen in Shannon airport in November and since then I've been so attentive with my stuff almost paranoiac ! But they managed to steal me again...
If that is not bad luck, I don't know what it is...

So anyway here are the details of what was taken :
A "motu" bag containing :
- 2 flutes made by Stephane Morvan, in D and Eflat, both 6 keyed, the D flute has got large silver rings
- 1 F flute made by Jil Lehart, 5 keys and the usual copper rings, that flute belongs to a friend of mine, breton flute player Erwan Hamon.
- 2 Neumann KM 140 microphones, they also belong to a friend and I use these microphones all the time.
- 1 little Audio Technica Pro35x microphone
- 1 brand new Apple Macbook Pro laptop 15" with all the cables

here are a few pictures, they are not pics of the actual instruments (all the pictures I had of my own instruments were in the laptop...), but they are exactly the same models of flutes.

Morvan Eflat :

Morvan D:

Lehart F :

Neumann KM140:

The bag which contained eveything Image

The only chance I have got now is to have a maximum of people regularly check ebay as well as local instrument dealers, pawn shops, music, antique shops etc...we never know where it might end up.
They are probably going to try to sell the laptop first, then they would probably throw the flutes away in a dust bin or direcly in the street. If you are from Belgium and especially in the Brussels area please keep your eyes wide opened since I'm sure they will try to sell the stuff there.

If you ever hear about anything don't hesitate to send me a mail or a PM

thanks a million to all the people who already got in touh with me willing to help,
keeping my fingers crossed (which is not a problem because I don't have any instrument to play on anymore.)
all the best,

Sylvain Barou