Siobhan Peoples - Missing Bow

A place for our musicians to post information about instruments lost, stolen, or otherwise missing.
Forum rules
This is the C&F-wide forum for posting notices of any instruments which have been lost or stolen, or have gone missing.

Titles should include at least the type of instrument (flute, fiddle, etc.), the place of disappearance, and the nature of the loss.

Example: Stolen: Generation D whistle in Timbuktu

Reports linked from other sources or internet sites should include the basic information in addition to just the link.

In order to limit cross-posting, and to keep reporting and information centralized in one place, a post linking to a notice here (but not a copy) may be posted in ONE other C&F forum, typically the forum of the instrument involved.

Of course, follow-up posts to announce found or recovered instruments are always welcome!

Thanks - Your ChiffCo Management
MTGuru
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Siobhan Peoples - Missing Bow

Post by MTGuru »

Reposted from thesession.org:
I was the proud possessor of a very fine, custom made, Noel Burke bow, however I now have a bow which is stamped 'marco brier'...a maker I can't seem to find out anything about. I was in Glasgow on the last Wednesday of the Celtic Connections festival. There was a brilliant session which included LOADS of fiddlers that I'd never met. The String sisters were also present as was Bruce Molosky. It turned into an old timey session for awhile at which point I put away the fiddle so I wasn't actually playing for very long. As I've checked with every other fiddler I could recollect playing with over the time I had the bow, I'm nearly sure that it got switched there. These things can happen so easily and can just as easily go unnoticed. If you were there and you play the fiddle, could you have a look above the frog of the bow and see if it's stamped N. Burke. If you know of any fiddlers that were there, could you ask them to have a look, I'd really appreciate it!!! Thanks a million,

Siobhan
http://www.thesession.org/discussions/display/14856/
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
MTGuru
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by MTGuru »

I just heard back from Siobhán. No luck yet with the missing bow. :sniffle:

http://www.thesession.org/discussions/d ... ment324279
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.