John McSherry's pipes missing.

A place for our musicians to post information about instruments lost, stolen, or otherwise missing.
Forum rules
This is the C&F-wide forum for posting notices of any instruments which have been lost or stolen, or have gone missing.

Titles should include at least the type of instrument (flute, fiddle, etc.), the place of disappearance, and the nature of the loss.

Example: Stolen: Generation D whistle in Timbuktu

Reports linked from other sources or internet sites should include the basic information in addition to just the link.

In order to limit cross-posting, and to keep reporting and information centralized in one place, a post linking to a notice here (but not a copy) may be posted in ONE other C&F forum, typically the forum of the instrument involved.

Of course, follow-up posts to announce found or recovered instruments are always welcome!

Thanks - Your ChiffCo Management
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

John McSherry's pipes missing.

Post by Dale »

John McSherry posted this in the piper's forum and I'm crossposting on his behalf.

Hi fellow pipers,

I'm in a bit of a panic at the moment. I've just returned from a gig in Zaragoza/Spain where my pipes went missing. I'm basically playing a waiting game and am unable to work until they show up. I would very much appreciate it if you could keep a keen eye out for them and if you have any information regarding their whereabouts please contact me at info@johnmcsherry.com

Below is a description of the pipes:

A full set of African blackwood concert D uilleann pipes made by Dave
Williams with a keyless boxwood chanter made by Sean McAloon.
The words "Made for John McSherry by Dave Williams, 2000" are engraved
on the brass around the stock and one of the tenor regulator keys and
mount is broken off.

Also missing are two Overton low whistles (D and F)

Cheers
John