lost in nyc: Sam Murray 4-key D; found: C. Baack, one-key D.

A place for our musicians to post information about instruments lost, stolen, or otherwise missing.
Forum rules
This is the C&F-wide forum for posting notices of any instruments which have been lost or stolen, or have gone missing.

Titles should include at least the type of instrument (flute, fiddle, etc.), the place of disappearance, and the nature of the loss.

Example: Stolen: Generation D whistle in Timbuktu

Reports linked from other sources or internet sites should include the basic information in addition to just the link.

In order to limit cross-posting, and to keep reporting and information centralized in one place, a post linking to a notice here (but not a copy) may be posted in ONE other C&F forum, typically the forum of the instrument involved.

Of course, follow-up posts to announce found or recovered instruments are always welcome!

Thanks - Your ChiffCo Management
MrsCrotty
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a traditional Irish flute and whistle player, interested in learning more about flutes, have an Eb flute I'd like to sell, interested in buying a high quality D whistle.

lost in nyc: Sam Murray 4-key D; found: C. Baack, one-key D.

Post by MrsCrotty »

Sometime in the past 7 years, more recently, perhaps, I accidentally swapped flutes with someone in an nyc Irish music session. I brought home someone's C. Baack, an early 19th century 1 key rosewood flute in D, made in NY. Mine is a 4-6 key Sam Murray, made @ 1991-2. (I didn't discover it at the time as I usually play a different flute.) If this sounds like you or someone you know, please contact me, I'd be very appreciative. Thanks!