What's Carlos Nunez playing?

A place for players of other folk/world music wind instruments.
John Bird
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

What's Carlos Nunez playing?

Post by John Bird »

Hi all. I've just been watching (repeatedly) on Youtube, the concert, Carlos Nunez Y Amigos, with various guests including Sharon Shannon and The Chieftains. Just wondered if anyone out there knows or can hazard a guess at the makes and sizes, etc., of the various recorders and whistles he plays throughout this concert? Or is there somewhere one can find a list of his instruments. He seems to play one set of bagpipes, which I assume to be a Galician Gaita. Anyhoo, it's a great concert.
Sirchronique
Tell us something.: Oh, I didn’t realise this text was public, so I should write something that isn’t nonsense.

I’m on this forum because I like playing various instruments. Cittern, flute, whistles, recorder, jaw harp, mandolin, mandola, waldzither, etc.

Re: What's Carlos Nunez playing?

Post by Sirchronique »

John Bird wrote:Hi all. I've just been watching (repeatedly) on Youtube, the concert, Carlos Nunez Y Amigos, with various guests including Sharon Shannon and The Chieftains. Just wondered if anyone out there knows or can hazard a guess at the makes and sizes, etc., of the various recorders and whistles he plays throughout this concert? Or is there somewhere one can find a list of his instruments. He seems to play one set of bagpipes, which I assume to be a Galician Gaita. Anyhoo, it's a great concert.

He plays Jon Swayne whistles
John Bird

Post by John Bird »

Thank you sirchronique. Occasionally in there too, he seems to be playing a recorder or two.
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dale »

He has worked pretty extensively with Ryuichi Sakamoto.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6I0_Ln41wU
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

Here is another video that may be of interest.
http://www.ontheshelf.tv/carlos-nunez/