What's Carlos Nunez playing?

A place for players of other folk/world music wind instruments.
John Bird
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

What's Carlos Nunez playing?

Post by John Bird »

Hi all. I've just been watching (repeatedly) on Youtube, the concert, Carlos Nunez Y Amigos, with various guests including Sharon Shannon and The Chieftains. Just wondered if anyone out there knows or can hazard a guess at the makes and sizes, etc., of the various recorders and whistles he plays throughout this concert? Or is there somewhere one can find a list of his instruments. He seems to play one set of bagpipes, which I assume to be a Galician Gaita. Anyhoo, it's a great concert.
Sirchronique
Tell us something.: I like whistles, flutes, lyres, cittern/mandolin/bouzouki family instruments, as well as heavy and nasty slap bass. Languages, linguistics, history (especially Migration Period and Bronze Age Europe), cuisine from various parts of Latin America, chili growing, bushcraft, and the works of JRR Tolkien also tickle my fancy.

Re: What's Carlos Nunez playing?

Post by Sirchronique »

John Bird wrote:Hi all. I've just been watching (repeatedly) on Youtube, the concert, Carlos Nunez Y Amigos, with various guests including Sharon Shannon and The Chieftains. Just wondered if anyone out there knows or can hazard a guess at the makes and sizes, etc., of the various recorders and whistles he plays throughout this concert? Or is there somewhere one can find a list of his instruments. He seems to play one set of bagpipes, which I assume to be a Galician Gaita. Anyhoo, it's a great concert.

He plays Jon Swayne whistles
John Bird

Post by John Bird »

Thank you sirchronique. Occasionally in there too, he seems to be playing a recorder or two.
Dale
The Landlord
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dale »

He has worked pretty extensively with Ryuichi Sakamoto.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6I0_Ln41wU
ytliek
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by ytliek »

Here is another video that may be of interest.
http://www.ontheshelf.tv/carlos-nunez/