Tabor pipes

A place for players of other folk/world music wind instruments.
hans
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been making whistles since 2010 in my tiny workshop at my home. I've been playing whistle since teenage times.

Tabor pipes

Post by hans »

I've made this G 3-holed tabor pipe with ring for the tabor & pipe and fiddle player of the Banchory Morris Men, the most northerly Morris group in Britain. He much prefers the G pipe than the high D pipe, he says it carries well and is not so shrill. Hope the group will come up this way and I can shoot some photos and perhaps a wee film. This G tabor pipe is using the same head and tubing than my standard low G whistle. It plays over one and a half octaves, starting the octave above low G (G4). The finger ring is made of two rings of alu tubing, which are riveted and glued together.

End with finger ring for ring finger:
I.D.10-t

Re: Tabor pipes

Post by I.D.10-t »

Nice one.

Any sound clips?
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."
hans
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been making whistles since 2010 in my tiny workshop at my home. I've been playing whistle since teenage times.

Post by hans »

I don't play tabor pipes myself, and I only got one sound clip, which is a bit rough. This is a new composition, as a Morris dance tune, I forgot its name.
Listen to the sample:
https://www.box.com/s/kst0bozt1wzest6oq5e8
I.D.10-t

Post by I.D.10-t »

hans wrote:I don't play tabor pipes myself, and I only got one sound clip, which is a bit rough. This is a new composition, as a Morris dance tune, I forgot its name.
Listen to the sample:
https://www.box.com/s/kst0bozt1wzest6oq5e8
Thanks for the sound clip!
"Be not deceived by the sweet words of proverbial philosophy. Sugar of lead is a poison."