Sopilka

A place for players of other folk/world music wind instruments.
Zabava77
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Sopilka

Post by Zabava77 »

I have prima sopilka from Yevshan, but the Alto I ordered directly from the maker. The difference in sound and craftsmanship is noticeable. My Alto is custom made, it has an amazing sound! Finger holes are smaller than in regular Alto to accommodate my fingers.
When ordering directly, you deal with Western Union money transfer, and there is no recourse (like with PayPal). If anyone interested in ordering this way, I can provide maker's information. Don't know if he speaks English...
Festina Lente
Zabava77

Post by Zabava77 »

Just received a sopilka and a dzholomyga (double flute) from a friend. They were made by Ukrainian craftsman Tereschenko. Here is a link to a musical piece played on dzholomyga: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAgrgzZl ... e=youtu.be

Festina Lente
Zabava77

Post by Zabava77 »

I have a question about tenor sopilka (F): what is a diameter of the largest finger hole? I am considering getting this instrument, but a bit apprehensive about the dimensions...
Festina Lente
Zabava77

Post by Zabava77 »

Similar sopilka made by Tereschenko is now on e-bay. Just search "sopilka". I bought another one for my husband. Glad I don't need to ask anyone to bring them from Ukraine anymore. These are one of the best prima sopilkas I know of.
Festina Lente
perizhychok
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by perizhychok »

Thanks for posting this. I saw this and subsequently bought a prima sopilka through EBay after searching for Tereshchenko. I'm a complete beginner though played the recorder as a child so apologies if the following sounds very basic. I'm a bit confused about the range of the prima sopilka. I got the impression that it should be able to play from middle C to 2 and a half octaves above that, and that, besides the fingering, how hard you blow determines what note you get. Do you know of any good web links about how hard you should blow? I can't seem to get the lowest octave from middle C. Any hints would be helpful!

Thanks

Milja
CarolineA
Tell us something.: !Lve the sound of the tin whistle and finally got around to do something about it, even if I never get to play it in a session, though there are a couple of groups near me if I can get to them.

Post by CarolineA »

I have one in D made in Moldova, with the traditional 6 holes, so there was no problem swapping over from a whistle. It has a beautiful tone, like a bird. I find it much easier to get the higher notes and I don't have to worry about the weather affecting it. I don't know who the maker is except it is his profession.
Being in Australia, it was cheaper than buying a Clarke Original and having it posted to me from another state, and it definitely sounds much sweeter than my Clarkes.
MichaelLoos
Tell us something.: I'm here because I just wanted to change my location... but it turns out much more complicated than I thought. Do I already have the 100 required characters?

Post by MichaelLoos »

Where did you get it from?