Did i join the right group?

A place for players of other folk/world music wind instruments.
clarinetmama57
antispam: No

Did i join the right group?

Post by clarinetmama57 »

Can I be a member here? I have been playing clarinet since 1972-but not steadily. Started with a noblet student clarinet. Still have it. It is attached to my heart. Been recorked and repadded completely twice. I am the original owner.

Have acquired a used (1971-from the serial number) LeBlanc L7 clarinet, complete with the original lime green cloth case. I know it is hard for anyone to tell me if It is worth the $150 price. Is this a student or professional clarinet? No cracks what-so-ever, and the wood does appear to be dried out. The lower barrel has one large key on the left that sticks, this preventing full scale capabilty. I have submitted it for pad and cork replacement and repair back to perfect condition. Both upper and lower barrel serial numbers match, and all 5 pieces say "Leblanc." The shiny keys look silver-plate, compared to my humble 1972 Noblet with duller nickel-plate keys. And there is an absolutely beautiful mother-of-pearl inlay on the center of the upper barrel, evidently there for alignment purposes. Please excuse me if this humble clarinet player has joined the wrong group. Just really need some feedback about a most beautiful instrument. ANY feedback appreciated. Even negative. Thanks, my cell # available by PM or email. SHOULD I ATTEMPT TO REPAIR THIS CLARINET?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: Did i join the right group?

Post by Nanohedron »

Approved 'cause I don't know how to direct the poster to a good website for this. Hoping for our usual Chiffy helpfulness on the matter. Meanwhile, welcome aboard, clarinetmama57. :)

Oh, yeah: Edited the above to remove visible personal contact info. Just another service we provide here at C&F to keep your websurfing experience more spam-free. :) - Mod
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
Denny

Post by Denny »

beings the scarcity of clarinet players here.....

It would be best if you fished about yerself for a bb that is into clarinets. http://www.google.com/search?q=CLARINET+forum

googling LeBlanc L7 clarinet http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_a_Leb ... inet_worth
sez it's professional and (if in good condition, matching parts, case) should bring $700-900 at auction
Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
It's dizzying, the possibilities. Ashes, Ashes all fall down.
MTGuru
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by MTGuru »

Moved here.
Vivat diabolus in musica! MTGuru's (old) GG Clips / Blackbird Clips

Joel Barish: Is there any risk of brain damage?
Dr. Mierzwiak: Well, technically speaking, the procedure is brain damage.
mutepointe
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by mutepointe »

Wouldn't your local musical instrument store give you an appraisal or more info on this clarient? When I got my flute repaired at our local music store, when I got it back, the owner of the store came over, he told me what some of the numbers meant on my flute. I believe that it was made in 1977 and wasn't much special (my words, not his.) He then showed me his solid gold flute in three different colors of gold. Every time I go into his store his gives me some type of show and tell experience on the finer things he owns.
Rose tint my world. Keep me safe from my trouble and pain.
白飞梦
westwind
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by westwind »

As a fellow, sometimes, clarinet player I would strongly recomend:

http://test.woodwind.org/clarinet/BBoard/

very helpful and welcoming board.

Paul
Can't means won't and won't means jail.