Susato crumhorns?

A place for players of other folk/world music wind instruments.
Deasan

Susato crumhorns?

Post by Deasan »

I have been wanting a crumhorn for a wee while and was wondering if anyone has had experience with the Susato crumhorns?
All the buzz, Deasan
garysibio
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Susato crumhorns?

Post by garysibio »

I had an alto for a while. I didn't get a chance to play it much because my dogs insisted on singing along. I eventually sold it on Ebay and actually got substantially more for it than I paid.

Gary
Deasan

Post by Deasan »

Wow! The oboe and bassoon really did put the crumhorn to bed ... popularity-wise. This site seems to prove it. Any further crumhorn experience or advice would be welcome.

Cheers and thanks Gary for the reply.
oleorezinator
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love uilleann pipes I love tin whistles I love flutes I love irish music I love concertinas I love bodhrans

Post by oleorezinator »

hi, back in the 90's kelischek found a bunch of soprano cornemusen that he'd forgotten were around and sold them for a song. (60 bucks) i bought one and it is a great instrument. the construction is similar to his kelhorn although the cornemuse plays in the same register as it's name. that is a soprano is a soprano. also the reeds are great and i have used it in a scottish smallpipe chanter. cheers, o
Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love.
Love is not music. Music is the best.
- Frank Zappa
garysibio
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by garysibio »

Deasan wrote:Wow! The oboe and bassoon really did put the crumhorn to bed ... popularity-wise. This site seems to prove it. Any further crumhorn experience or advice would be welcome.

Cheers and thanks Gary for the reply.
I have a friend who is a bassonist. He almost always goes to the International Double-Reed Society conventions and I always give him a hard time about how the crumhorn is getting the short end of the stick there.

Gary