FS: Various flutes, quena, zampoña, bansuri, kaval, etc...

A place for players of other folk/world music wind instruments.
O_Gaiteiro_do_Chicago
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

FS: Various flutes, quena, zampoña, bansuri, kaval, etc...

Post by O_Gaiteiro_do_Chicago »

In order to acquire some funds for my new accordion, I've decided to put a bunch of my flutes up for sale. I have a lot more than listed especially in the realm of Latin American flutes, so if there is something you do not see I may just have it.

Here goes...

Bansuri(As shown from top to bottom)...

E Bass Bansuri, made by me, have two of them, would prefer they go as a pair but it isn't necessary. These are some of the finest E bass bansuri you will ever play, the bore is just right, and they have such a magnificent tonal quality. $160 each

D# Bass Bansuri, made by Atul Sharma and tweaked by me. Plays really nice, and was made out of a nifty looking piece of bamboo. $150

C Bass Bansuri, made by Anand Dhotre, and tweaked by me. No longer playing bansuri(reverted back to sitar), otherwise I wouldn't sell it. Has a very comfortable spread for a C bass. $150

Set of Egyptian ney, 7 made in Egypt and one of them made by me. All play in tune at 440 in their respective pitches. I would prefer to sell these as the complete set. $75

Cheap bamboo quena, quenacho, ica, and pifano, i've got about 50 or so of these, would sell them off at $8 each, or you can make me an offer for a bunch of them.

Sanka Zampoña, made in the early 90's by Luis Alban. Made out of some really nice bamboo, has had various cracks repaired over the years but is a really solid player. $75

Malta Zampoña, made by me a couple years ago. This one is pitched in F#, which may sound like a strange key, but actually quite a few groups use it. $25

Malta Zampoña, also made by me, although instead this one is in G which is the standard pitch among most zampoña players in the states. $25

Quena in G by Mauricio Vicencio, the master luthier of quena. I wouldn't sell this one but I have 6 quena by him now in various keys and 2 in G, so I am selling one of them. $75

Gaita Colombiana, don't know a heck of a lot about this instrument, was brought back from Colombia. I know that usually the instrument is played in a pair, one instrument male, the other female, thus you can share the melody. This one however has a full diatonic scale, so I am not sure what that makes it. $50

Rondador, these are some cheap looking but good sounding rondador, have served me well for the last couple years. $15

Tarkas, set of 3, made of cedar, these are plain with no carving or paint, made by Andres Mamani, well worth it for the price, they have a nice raspy sound(desireable for tarkas). $75

Coyote Oldman Little Flute in E, Michael is no longer making little flutes of this style, and it's hard to get little flutes to begin with. I am asking full price as this thing is in pristine condition and rare. It's a screamer! $120

A few other instruments available but not pictured....

Toyo Zampoña, made in the early 90's, is a really remarkable instrument. It has the rings on the inside so it is a lot easier to play than the thin bamboo ones. Was used to record on various albums, as it projects very well. Has a nifty hardshell case that fits it too. I don't think you could find a better toyo. $175

Gralla(similar to a Dulzaina), made by Sansluthier in bubinga with silver rings. Plays in G and fingers the same as a whistle, only with a thumbhole in the back. $125(includes extra reed)

These are the bulk of the flutes that I have for sale. In the near future I will be selling my kaval by Zhechko Zhechkov, and another by Zdravko Beshendjiev, I am awaiting delivery on another one first though. I also have a suitcase full of bamboo for making zampoña, all the tubes are cut to length in various pitches, could probably make 20-30 sanka range with it. Not sure what to charge, make me an offer.
If you are interested in any of the above send me a pm or an email to naadbrahma at gmail dot com. Also if you buy a bunch of flutes i've got cases and such I can throw in at now cost.
Cork

Post by Cork »

Hei, O_G_d_C,

I'm not in the market, but I swung through the neighborhood here, and saw you.

Good luck!
Cork

Post by Cork »

Bump!

Hey, send me PM, and tell me how it's going, thanks!
MichaelLoos
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm here because I just wanted to change my location... but it turns out much more complicated than I thought. Do I already have the 100 required characters?

Post by MichaelLoos »

Hi Gaitero,
did you receive my PM? Please check.
Best wishes,
Michael
O_Gaiteiro_do_Chicago

The kavals are no longer available, but everything else is if anyone is interested.
O_Gaiteiro_do_Chicago

The Gralla is sold as well.