spare recorder parts

A place for players of other folk/world music wind instruments.
TheSpoonMan
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

spare recorder parts

Post by TheSpoonMan »

I have an old Aulos tenor recorder I bought off someone for $20 at a bizarre. It plays fine, some tuning issues but it's fine (F# very flat, I enlargened the hole, now the F's too sharp, but I can shade just fine).... however, for some reason it only has one key on the foot- so no C# for me. I know you can get replacement footjoints for Yamaha instruments... what about Aulos?
Tim2723

Post by Tim2723 »

Hi Spoonie,

It came to my memory that Aulos makes a 'sectional' recorder that is assembled from components. It's intended to make a customized recorder for folks with deformed hands or missing fingers. Not sure just how it works, but it might be a lead for you in finding a suitable replacment part.
The crwth will set you free!

Tim Smith
Kindred Spirit
www.kspirit.info
JSCWhistler
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Whistle/flute and guitar player from Dallas, now living in a van down by the river with my wife and two cats.

Former member of Texas bands Flashpoint, and The Here & Now.

Re: spare recorder parts

Post by JSCWhistler »

TheSpoonMan wrote:I have an old Aulos tenor recorder I bought off someone for $20 at a bizarre. It plays fine, some tuning issues but it's fine (F# very flat, I enlargened the hole, now the F's too sharp, but I can shade just fine).... however, for some reason it only has one key on the foot- so no C# for me. I know you can get replacement footjoints for Yamaha instruments... what about Aulos?
What fingering were you using for the F#?