celtic euphonium

A place for players of other folk/world music wind instruments.
WyoBadger
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

celtic euphonium

Post by WyoBadger »

Hi, everybody.

Would anyone like to listen to a bit of experimental music? If you go to www.cdbaby.com/wilsontom there are some sound clips of my experiments with "celtic euphonium." Not something one hears a lot of, celtic euphonium.

Give a listen to The Whetstone, the James Caird, and Be Thou My Vision (that last one is my favorite) and let me know what you think.

The sound clips are of a CD I have for sale. Sales so far have been, um, less than brisk, so I'm not too worried about this being a comercial post. But I'd like some opinions on the sound.

Tom
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
claudine
Tell us something.: Hi, I am a choir singer from Luxembourg trying to get back to Irish flute playing after a few years of absence from ITM.

Post by claudine »

hi Tom,
i like the idea. As I share almost the same hobbies as you (brass quintet + ITM) this CD is an inspiration for me, showing how I might combine the two musical worlds. I just ordered your CD and will be waiting impatiently to make my brass pals listen to it.
- claudine -
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Thanks! I appreciate it. I think the euphonium sounds kind of nice under the whistle--they complement each other, the shrill whistle and the low, mellow euph.

I recorded the CD on a beat up old yamaha horn I borrowed from one of my students; believe it or not, it plays better in tune than my besson 700. Actually a fairly nice sounding instrument. I'm currently saving up for either a yamaha 842 or a besson prestige.

I could buy LOTS of REALLY NICE whistles for the price of one of those...

Hope you enjoy it--thanks for the feedback.

Tom
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.