FS: Vintage Shinsui 1.8

A place for players of other folk/world music wind instruments.
O_Gaiteiro_do_Chicago
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

FS: Vintage Shinsui 1.8

Post by O_Gaiteiro_do_Chicago »

<p>I have decided to part ways with my recently restored Shinsui 1.8. I recently had Monty Levenson repair a crack along at the top part of the shak, and put rattan binding along whole flute, and replace the utaguchi. He also worked on the bore to bring the flute to it's full potential.....it was a lot of money getting this instrument back into shape, but I feel it was more than worth it. Compared to my personal 1.8, I find this shak to be slightly mellower, with an amazing clear and delicate second octave....has a very haunting quality to it. I personally like a very strong, raspy sound, and am in a wierd financial situation, so will have to part with this one. I really don't know much about the maker except that it's a Shinsui(deep water), and possibly made from 1933-1935 based on the number that's stamped on the flute. I was told it's worth $2,500+ by a few different people, but honest I am trying to get the money back that I put in to restore it, and am open to reasonable offers.
As far as trying out the flute, I would hope to recieve full payment, and ship the flute, however if you found the flute not to be to your liking and ship it back to me, I would glady refund your money(if it's paypal it would be slightly less though as they charge me around 3%). If you would like to see pics of this shak, email me at naadbrahma @ gmail.com

Theodore Ceplina
http://www.myspace.com/naadbrahma
Last edited by O_Gaiteiro_do_Chicago on Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
O_Gaiteiro_do_Chicago
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by O_Gaiteiro_do_Chicago »