erik the flutemaker

A place for players of other folk/world music wind instruments.
pipersgrip
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

erik the flutemaker

Post by pipersgrip »

this guy is truley amazing, making so many types of different flutes and other instruments as well. they are high quality at low price, and he is such a good man. check out his site http://www.eriktheflutemaker.com
"In prayer, it is better to have a heart without words, than words without a heart." John Bunyan
claudine
Tell us something.: Hi, I am a choir singer from Luxembourg trying to get back to Irish flute playing after a few years of absence from ITM.

Post by claudine »

i bought a bamboo flute in G from him and liked it. he sent a funny little cartoon with the flute, telling the story of his life. he seems to be a special kind of person :)
pastorkeith
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Eric the Flutemaker

Post by pastorkeith »

Yes he is - a visit to his shop gets you a personalized tour. Stop by his booth at RENFEST and he will tell you about his mission trips and sell you a clay bird whistle to support chidren in a small village he has spent time with - awesome guy
pastor keith
"We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love."-- Mother Teresa
WyoBadger
Tell us something.: "Tell us something" hits me a bit like someone asking me to tell a joke. I can always think of a hundred of them until someone asks me for one. You know how it is. Right now, I can't think of "something" to tell you. But I have to use at least 100 characters to inform you of that.

Post by WyoBadger »

Anybody ever played his whistles? I've heard they're a susato mouthpiece on a bamboo tube, and they do look like that. They're pretty--how do they play?

Tom
Fall down six times. Stand up seven.
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

I've looked at them, but you can't pick the up and play them at his shop at the renaissance faires. I haven't been curious enough to buy one just to see what it's like.
│& ¼║: ♪♪♫♪ ♫♪♫♪ :║
pastorkeith

Erik's Whistles

Post by pastorkeith »

My very first whistle was a gift from my wife who bought one of Erik's concert quality wooden whistles (not bamboo). It is concert tuned and loud enough to hold its own in a crowd (given that perhaps it IS a Susato mouthpiece - can't say for sure.) I use this whistle every week at church and it is wonderful.
pastorkeith
"We cannot all do great things, but we can do small things with great love."-- Mother Teresa
ash_nazg4321

Post by ash_nazg4321 »

He has sound clips and a short video segment of his whistles, they sound very good. they don't appear to scream like my Sweetone does in the top of the upper register.

Has anyone listened to the clip of the Egyptian Ney? left me sputtering. seriously thinking about buying one now.
Tim2723

Post by Tim2723 »

I've only had the pleasure to meet him twice. A very unique fellow.
The crwth will set you free!

Tim Smith
Kindred Spirit
www.kspirit.info