Adler tenor recorder lever spring

A place for players of other folk/world music wind instruments.
dronefish
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hi! I'm interested in the forum because I play a variety of recorders and am always looking for repair information and parts sources. I'm hoping that I'll be able to find a replacement bocal for my bass recorder.

Adler tenor recorder lever spring

Post by dronefish »

Greetings all,
I lost the spring on my Adler tenor recorder and am trying to locate a replacement.
Can anyone direct me to a source for a replacement spring?
Thanks,
T
FrankPerrone
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Played sax and oboe in high school. Years later, living in apartment, decided to take up recorder as I thought it would be easier on neighbors than oboe. Been playing recorder for a few years. Have sopranino (Aulos), soprano (Mollenhauer Prima, Susato), alto (Yamaha 300, Mollanhauer Prima, Mollenhauer Denner Pallisander, Zen-on Giglio), tenor (Adler) and bass (Yamaha). Also have a lot of whistles but never really cracked (ha ha) the code as whistle technique is quite different from recorder technique. I also have a lot of harmonicas and world wind instruments (Ba Wu, Dudek, Sipsi and Nose Flute (!).

Re: Adler tenor recorder lever spring

Post by FrankPerrone »

Hello
There are some woodwind parts sites on the web, like this one (never used it, no endorsement): http://instrumentclinicusa.com/index.ph ... page&id=13.
The critical dimension is probably diameter, you'll need a caliper/micrometer to be accurate.
Anthony Baines in "Woodwing Instruments and Their History" mentions using a sewing needle of the right diameter, cut to length, ends hammered flat (to catch in post), tempered blue (not sure how to do that), and slightly bent with pliers for bias.
I have an Adler tenor (low C key only) so I see what you need. Doesn't look too hard to do, but patience is the key (for fixing the key).
FrankP
piperjoe

Re: Adler tenor recorder lever spring

Post by piperjoe »

Any decent instrument repairman should be able to fit a new spring. Try local music shops first.

Piper Joe